Shipping & Receiving Technician
The successful candidate will work with our Shipping and Receiving team in the production area. The candidate will receive in raw materials and package finished parts for shipment. This position will also be responsible for performing a final visual inspection on outgoing parts to customers. We have a highly effective team in our Shipping and Receiving department, which is driven to meet and exceed our customers’ quality standards. We are looking for a positive personality to work well within the department, who is also highly motivated without direct supervision. The position is required to follow all business and safety guidelines.
- Performs a thorough final visual inspection (Tin Man Inspection) on outgoing parts.
- Receives incoming raw material by verifying quantities, matching certificates and completing proper documentation.
- Verifies serial numbers, quantities, etc. of finished parts against traveler paperwork.
- Properly protects and packages parts for shipment.
- Ensures all required documentation is included with the correct parts for shipment.
- Cleans finished parts, when required by customer specifications.
- Applies oils and solutions to parts for protection, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to easily understand and carry out instructions well
- Basic mathematic skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Capable of being a team player
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible with job duties
Experience and Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a Shipping & Receiving or Warehouse role.
- Visual inspection experience a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a positive and friendly attitude.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- Microsoft Windows or other computer experience a plus.
This position works on the 1st shift, which operates Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Must be willing to work overtime with possible weekends.
Machinist (2nd Shift)
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools in the Grind Department to produce precision parts. The team member must demonstrate an understanding of mechanics, shop mathematics, gaging and machining procedures. The position is required to follow all business and safety guidelines.
- Reads and interprets blueprint and setup sheets to determine required machining processes, dimensional specifications, setups and operating requirements.
- Selects appropriate tooling to be used in setup of machines and all necessary inspection instruments for each production run.
- Sets up CNC machines by installing and aligning fixtures, tooling, and attachments according to job requirements.
- Performs first piece article inspections according to specifications and makes offset changes as needed.
- Loads parts and runs production cycles according to manufacturing priorities, as specified by department lead and management.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Inspects parts to print throughout production in order to hold tight tolerances and insure a quality product at all times.
- Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information and solve production problems.
- Completes required documentation for non-conformance parts and performs root cause analysis to determine corrective or preventive actions.
- Performs troubleshooting with mid run problems on machines and reports quality control problems or mechanical issues to department lead.
- Documents actions by completing production travelers and other required paperwork accurately.
- Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience as a machinist (Open to conventional machining experience, as well as experience in other areas such as lathe, mill, etc.)
- One year or more of CNC machining experience a plus. OD and ID grinding experience a plus.
- Some set-up experience a plus.
- Print reading and inspection knowledge a MUST.
We are currently hiring for 2nd shift ONLY. Our second shift operates on a 4/10 work week and runs every Monday through Thursday from 3:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. Must be willing to work overtime with possible Fridays.
We provide a great benefits package for all eligible employees. At this time we offer up to 6 different medical plans to fit your personal needs, as well as vision and dental coverage. We also offer employer paid life insurance with additional voluntary benefits for employees. ATI provides a 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 5%. We also have a generous Paid Time Off plan, as well as yearly profit sharing. Please email us your resume to email@example.com or contact the Human Resources Department at (714) 692-6570.
We look forward to hearing from you! Absolute Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. ATI conducts pre-employment drug screens.